We'll report here the current status of ExQuilla for Thunderbird 52, including updates as we have them.
Generally, Thunderbird 52 stopped supporting binary extensions, which meant that ExQuilla as it existed for previous versions had to be almost completely rewritten. This also required many changes to the core Thunderbird product to allow extensions such as ExQuilla to exist as non-binary extensions. With all of these changes, there were many regressions introduced initially by the update to Thunderbird 52/ExQuilla 52.
Current summary (2017-07-10): ExQuilla version 52.3.1200 released today, fixing bugs associated with the upgrade to Thunderbird 52. This update should fix the vast majority of the known and significant issues associated with Thunderbird 52/ExQuilla 52, and should be a stable version.
Issues resolved (since 52.2.1188):
- Fix handling of UTF characters in streams used to copy messages and save files
- Forwarding a message with an attachment did not save the attachment
- Credentials were not saved when a password was changed.
- Fixed crashes from empty message body, or certain embedded images.
- Special folder URLs (like Sent Items) could be incorrect, so that "Sent on ... server" did not work. This sometimes resulted in duplicate folders.
- Handling of special folder names now matches Exchange names, not Thunderbird names.
- Non-standard comma-separated references now work.
- Name and email swapped in outgoing email sender field
- Email attachments were not working
- Sanitize email attachment names, otherwise saving certain attachments failed.
- Fixed failing body and header search
- fixed issues with autodiscover
- fixed failing saveAllAttachments
- sending using foreign server was failing
If you are having issues, you can file a private support request here:
or make a public report in the forum here: