We'll report here the current status of ExQuilla for Thunderbird 52, including updates as we have them.
Generally, Thunderbird 52 stopped supporting binary extensions, which meant that ExQuilla as it existed for previous versions had to be almost completely rewritten. This also required many changes to the core Thunderbird product to allow extensions such as ExQuilla to exist as non-binary extensions. With all of these changes, there were many regressions introduced initially by the update to Thunderbird 52/ExQuilla 52.
Current summary (2017-07-10): ExQuilla version 52.3.1200 released today, fixing bugs associated with the upgrade to Thunderbird 52. This update should fix the vast majority of the known and significant issues associated with Thunderbird 52/ExQuilla 52, and should be a stable version.
Issues resolved (since 52.2.1188):
- Fix handling of UTF characters in streams used to copy messages and save files
- Forwarding a message with an attachment did not save the attachment
- Credentials were not saved when a password was changed.
- Fixed crashes from empty message body, or certain embedded images.
- Special folder URLs (like Sent Items) could be incorrect, so that "Sent on ... server" did not work. This sometimes resulted in duplicate folders.
- Handling of special folder names now matches Exchange names, not Thunderbird names.
- Non-standard comma-separated references now work.
- Name and email swapped in outgoing email sender field
- Email attachments were not working
- Sanitize email attachment names, otherwise saving certain attachments failed.
- Fixed failing body and header search
- fixed issues with autodiscover
- fixed failing saveAllAttachments
- sending using foreign server was failing
Latest update seems to work fine in Thunderbird 52.0 with one minor irritation - a regular pop-up in the Status Bar with a 'Exquilla License Information' link. Seems to happen every minute or so, perhaps when it checks that the license is valid.
This regular popup is fixed in recent builds, 1178 or later I believe.
Works great, thanks Kent. BTW - your link to the current beta (above) seems to be broken, but it's obvious what you meant!
Hi.. I updated to 52.1.1 and the autocomplete function doesn't work anymore... I found logs and the "search function" is working but is not displaying the contacts with "Exquila logo"
2017-05-17 10:47:01.447 exquilla.contacts CONFIG SearchGALListener found 97 matching cards
2017-05-17 10:47:01.460 exquilla.contacts CONFIG Finishing GAL search for leonardo. doneCount = 1 galDirectories.length = 1
2017-05-17 10:47:01.461 exquilla.contacts CONFIG ewsAbAutocomplete.finish() this._stopSearchCount =1
Same problem with autocomplete as Leonardo described. Exquilla updated to 188.8.131.520 this morning. It works successfully on the first name search following a reboot of thunderbird. 2nd attempt and all additional fails, at that point all I see is local address books.
I've tried this a number of times and it works for me.
Can you check to see if the names are there, but need scrolling down to? Perhaps the scrolling behavior has changed. When I had long lists, I did not notice at first that the names were added at the end but not visible until scrolled.
There is, at least 5 people with this problem on my company, of course that all using the same domain..
The issue is the contact name show in red and doesn't autocomplete.
Works fine for me on Thunderbird 52.1.1 using Exquilla 52.1.1180 Shows me local and remote address books. So the problem could be domain specific?
I am using a office 365 services, so i think could be, but i don't too much to do.
This post is not really the correct place for this discussion. Please continue any comments here: https://exquilla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115017891823-GAL-search-fails-for-second-and-subsequent-searches
The partial log entry by Leonardo D'Angelo Gonçalves shows a completing partial search, but one that was superseded by a later search and therefore not displayed. I really need a copy of the complete log file taken right after a failed GAL search from Tools/ExQuilla/ExQuilla log Email that to email@example.com
Further comments will be closed here, so comment on the forum article instead.
Followup on the GAL search issue, which is now tracked in another post. Here is the post made there:
Although I have not been able to exactly reproduce the symptoms that people are having, looking at the code there are some issues with the way that errors are handled, so that once an issue occurs GAL search breaks until restart.
I've fixed that and made some other improvements to the way that GAL search is handled which I expect will solve the problems that people are having. Please download this version and report if it solves your issue: